We also saw the movie Bedtime Stories which was SO FUNNY!!! I would totally recommend it for either a date night or family night. Then, we went to Main Event for unlimited bowling, laser tag and games!!! We seriously stayed there for like 5 hours! Peter and I beat everybody in bowling so we got a couple of free sodas out of the whole thing :)
On Tuesday, We went to the cannery for a couple of hours to help my family. With all of the extra help, we got done a couple of hours earlier thhan we thought so we all took a nap before we headed out to Ft Worth.
We went to the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens (which was FREE). It was pretty cool, but not kept up as nice as the Dallas Arboretum(spelling?). We took tons of fun pictures and walked around for a couple of hours since the weather was gorgeous. We also visited the Ft Worth Water Gardens which are really cool and we even saw a skateboarding bulldog! After that, we went to Joe T Garcia's for some fantastic fajitas. Peter and I had our first date there and we wanted to take the family :). The plan was to go to Billy Bob's and do a little dancing but after all that walking around, we were a little tired. We walked around downtown Ft Worth and spent some time looking at books at Barnes and Noble. After we got home, we played cards again and rested up for the next day.
On New Years Eve, we all went to an early session at the Temple. Nobody had been through the Temple here, so that was kind of neat. Then, the boys headed out for a round of golf (both Peter and his dad got golf shoes for Christmas they needed to try out) while the girls got pedicures. After pedicures, we did our nails and watched House Bunny (not recommended) and hung out with our old roomie, Christina. Caroline (Peter's youngest sister), Christina, and I all lived together when Peter and I started dating so it was fun to hang out again. We all took a nap and rested up for the big night ahead! It started out with a really nice dinner at Master Grill in Frisco with my family. It is a Brazilian Chuhascaria with the best meat and grilled pineapple I have ever tasted. We then headed over to the AA Center for tickets to the Dallas Stars game in the suite. It was so fun! Outside the AAC, there was a huge P-A-R-T-A-Y calling our name. We pushed our way through the crowd and danced like crazy drunk people to a live band. They even showed the AAC Square (where the party was) on national TV right before they dropped the ball at NYC. There were TONS of people there and it was the most fun I have ever had on NYE. I even got my last kiss of 2008 and first kiss of 2009 :)
Everybody headed home the next day. It was a jam-packed few days, but we really enjoyed having the family come visit us!
2 comments:
fun fun....ohhhh i love that Caroline girl. Tell her i say WHATS UP!!! I am jealous of the pedicures and the FUN y'all had.
wow, looks like you had tons of fun! i love it when family visits too. cute pics:)
Post a Comment