Sunday, August 16, 2009

3 months ago today...

We moved into our new house! Having our own house is pretty much awesome. I have been thinking of some things I love about our new home:
1. NO APARTMENT!
2. no people above/below/next to us
3. we can watch TV as loud as we want! (This also means I can yell at Winston as loud as I want)
4. The flowerbeds that Peter is going to gut and fix next month
5. Peter's favorite thing: our new grill!
6. Winston's favorite: Our backyard
7. Our patio furniture (thanks to Marc and Becky and Mom and Dad!)
8. Paint
9. Our huge washer/dryer
10. Garage
11. Trash/recycle bins in our garage (no more walking across the complex)
12. Our cheap electricity bill (costs the same as our apartment)
13. Our Dallas Cowboys bathroom
14. The two empty rooms at the front of the house I still have yet to decorate
15. We are like 2 minutes from Downtown Mckinney, we go there often
16. We are about 10 minutes from the new Allen outdoor mall-the mall has a dogpark, comfy outdoor furniture, and a Yogilicious (like Yogurtland)
17. Mckinney has tons of great shopping places
18. The movie theater that only costs $4.50 for a ticket
19. The park that I walk Winston at has a trail that is 1.2 miles and a pond where you can rent paddle boats
20. Our money is not being thrown away anymore by rent!

There are of course many other things I love about being a homeowner, but I cut the list down.

4 comments:

Cook Family said...

I love the pond and the walk around it. And feeding the ducks.

Becky Jorgensen said...

Can't wait to come see where you live!!!

joana said...

i know, isn't a house great! so happy for you guys!

BErickson said...

Ya! Having a house is such a cool thing. Your house sounds really cute too. We need to try for another girls night and I promise to be in town this time :)

Gotta love that outlet mall!! So happy for you two!