
Yesterday I went to a church meeting for the 14-15 year old girls in our area-I'm a youth leader for these girls. One speaker said that ten years ago if somebody searched the word "Mormon" 80% of the websites that came up were negative about the Mormons. Today, in many countries if you search "Mormon" 80% of the websites have a positive view on the Church. She said this was due to individuals who shared their beliefs on the internet either via websites, blogs, etc. That got me thinking. If somebody saw my little blog, would they know I was living my religion? Would they know how I felt about my religion? Would they have a positive view of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?
I know almost nobody reads my blog, but I still want to share some of my beliefs. I believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. I believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; I also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It has been given to us to further learn about our Savior and grow closer to him. I know there is no other book on this earth that is more true and important than the Book of Mormon. I know that because I have read and re-read it and have felt the peace it brings to my life. I have prayed to know if it is true and God answered my prayers. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me. He loves me for me. He doesn't care what I wear or what I look like. He loves me because I am one of his daughters and he knows me. He knows me better than I know myself and He still loves me. He loves each of his children and He wants us to be happy. I am not perfect, but Jesus Christ atoned for my imperfections so I can live with Him again.
I know Joseph Smith was a prophet who translated the Book of Mormon via the power of the priesthood. I also know that we have a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, who receives revelation for the Church.
I also believe that if we are worthy, families can be together forever. This has greatly influenced my perspective on my relationships with my family. I also know that God answers our prayers. Life is a roller-coaster with many ups and downs but we have a way to directly communicate with God through prayer. He never forgets us, but we go through hard times in order to grow and become better people. I am so thankful for my knowledge of the Gospel. It has influenced my decisions in life, it has helped me to become a better person, it has given me hope, and it has helped me develop a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. There is so much more I could share but I just wanted to be brief. I hope that some how, some way my testimony will touch somebody's heart.
2 comments:
You totally cried while you were typing this, didn't you?
and thank you :)
Post a Comment