Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentines weekend

On Friday the 13, Weston and I headed to out on a date to PTA meeting. Even though he goes to the nursery there, I really enjoy getting out with just him sometimes. 
That evening, my parents took the boys overnight so we could have a night out. It was the first time since having Nathan that we have been without the boys overnight and it was so nice.
We headed down to Dallas and went to Avanti Ristotsnte which is down in Dallas. It's a tiny restaurant but really romantic. We had calamari, crabcakes, Peter had pan seared tuna and I had lobster and crab ravioli. It was super delicious.

After dinner, we went to go see a movie which we haven't done since before Thanksgiving! We saw Juputer Ascending (eh). 
The next morning I went to pick up the boys then met up with Peter for our annual family lunch date. Peter brought flowers to chipotle when he met us which was really sweet.

When we got home, the boys got a couple little presents from Cupid including some bug jammies.
Peter and I have a tradition of making a fancy homemade dinner on Valentines every year so we had some amazing steak and made lobster tails for the first time. I was actually quite impressed with how they turned out and we will definitely be doing it again.

I know a lot of people hate Valentine's Day because they feel like it is too commercialized, but I think that there is no wrong reason to celebrate love and relationships. When we had Weston probably decided that Valentine's Day would be a family day celebrate our relationships together and I really love making all of my boys feel special on this day. I really am one lucky girl to have three such amazing boys in my life.

No comments: