I took the boys in for their 15 month/3 year checkup sand found out hey bout had ear infections. When he started his amoxicillin, he broke out in a rash everywhere. We got a new prescription called in but when we went to pick it up, it cost $400! It was after 5 at this point so we had to wait another day to get yet another prescription and that finally kicked the ear infection.
Nathan had a round of antibiotics and when we went back in for their shots, he still had it! He had to do another round of different antibiotics but guess what...still had the infection. Finally, the third round kicked it which is good bc if it didn't, he would have one more chance before we were looking at having tubes put in.
One evening, Peter was snoring abnormally loud and I couldn't understand why. The next day, he said he thought he had strep so I told him to make an appointment at Care now. While he was waiting, he told me that he thinks his uvula is swollen and opened his mouth. His throat was all swollen so I didn't see his uvula until he blew out through his mouth. It was HUGE. Like the size of my thumb. Poor guy. He would choke on it and gag bc it was so big. He had to be on steroids and a special mouthwash to help whih the swelling. The basically said it was due to a random infection that concentrated there. So weird.
About a week later, I started feeling sick one day and I thought I had he flu- I was achy, had a fever, chills, etc. I felt so tired and crappy that I would just lay on the floor while the kids spent all day in their pajamas playing.
One night, my fever got up to 103 so I decided to go to the doctor he next morning(Friday). I called the first doctor on my insurance list and went in that morning and tested negative for the flu and strep but she prescribed antibiotics anyway. I didn't find it necessary to take them since she wasn't sure what I had but by the next morning, I was doing worse and decided to take them in case they helped. They did! For about 24 hours. Sunday evening, I started to get really bad stomach pain and kept throwing up all night long. Like, I couldn't even sip water without puking my guys up. I felt so terrible that I texted the family and told them I was going to the emergency room. At this point, I knew I was dehydrated and exhausted and I honestly couldn't even keep my eyes open. The family came and took care of the kids while we waited for FOUR freaking hours in the ER. Finally, they basically told me hat I just had a nasty virus and the antibiotics killed anything that may have been fighting it off. They hooked me up to an iv and have me lots of meds for the stomac spasms and nausea and I went home that night. While I was sitting there, Peter said his throat was hurting and the nurse checked him out and said he had strep. He ran to the clinic at walgreens while I was sleeping, got an official diagnosis and antibiotics and came back to the hospital to stay with me.
It was a full 10 days of hell before u finally started feeling better.
Lucky for me, my parents kept the boys for a few nights and both Peter and I slept for four days straight. Seriously, I would sleep and sleep and sleep and be up for a couple of hours in the evening before sleeping some more. Being sick is an interesting time to let others serve you. My sis in law came over and cleaned my entire house while we were at the ER and my parents took the boys for four days. I got meals from friends, care packages, and texts from friends who cared about me. It was great to feel the Saviors love for me through others and it was truly humbling. I have never been that sick in my life and hope to never get that sick again. Ugh.


No comments:
Post a Comment