Monday, March 31, 2008

The Funeral

Well, it was a very long week. To start out, the Catholic church apparently decided to take a vacation this last week. We could not find a preist to do the funeral, so they called a priest out of retirement to do the services. I had never been to a Catholic funeral and it was a bit different from the LDS ones I have been to. I am just so glad that we have the fullness of the gospel!!! My grandpa was in the Navy during WWII and the Korean War so he had the Navy guys there to do a 21 gun salute; that was pretty cool. Then we partied at a Mexican restaurant! My grandfather was Mexican and my grandmother is from Nicaragua. He loved mariachis so we even had them at the restaurant. It was so funny because Peter couldn't understand what was going on half the time. I was trying to translate for him but talking over the music was a little rough. We finally got back yesterday and it was so good to be home!!! We both missed our little pooch and it was fun to see him again. I had a lot of time on my hands, so I read a couple books. The first one, I don't remember the name was ok, but nothing special. Then I read Twilight by Stephenie Meyers. She is an LDS author but the book is a love story about a vamipre. I know, I know I thought it sounded stupid too. It was actually really good and I read the entire book in 2 days. I am not a reader, so this was a big accomplishment for me. I think she has 2 other sequel books that I want to read as well. I would highly recommend the book, it has a great story. Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Russ and Megan said...

So I have heard all about those Twilight books and how good they are supposed to be, but I also thought they sounded a little dumb. I guess I should give them a try. :) Glad to have you guys back. :)

Erickson Fam said...

I'm glad you were able to go back to the funeral and be with your family.

I too have read the Twilight books. I read all 3 in record time and have the 4th book on order. It should be here the first wk in August. Am I a dork or what!?! I'm glad you are enjoying them too! (I also thought it sounded a little dumb, but I was wrong.)