Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Spring Break
I know it has been over a month. This has been a busy time for us. We came out to California a week ago to visit my grandpa for spring break. He has been sick for about a month and my mom has been out here the entire time. My dad, brother, peter, and I all flew out to spend some time with him. He went down quickly and we had to move him to a hospice place on Thursday. It is a beautiful place with large rooms and everything you would need. On Saturday night, my entire family was in his room when we knew his time was coming. He was sleeping and peacefully, we all saw him take his last breath at 8:23. I had worked in a nursing home for a few years when I was at BYU and cleaned many bodies after their passing, but I have never been in the room for that experience. It was sad, yet comforting to know he is now in a better place. It was one of the most peaceful feelings I have ever experienced in my life. Afterwards, my grandmother had several friends come visit and we all stayed in the room with him laughing and remembering him. It was not a weird feeling at all. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. I know that I will be able to see him again and that he is in a better place. He was not a member of the Church, and we are trying to get funeral arrangements figured out with the Catholic church. We are not sure when the funeral will be yet (the Catholic church decided to take a holiday tpday) but we will be out of town for another week. I'll try to post something about how the funeral goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry Eli! I really am. You know, I was there with my mom and watched my grandmother also take her last breath. It was a peaceful experience. Isn't our faith amazing! I love that we have no question in our minds where our loved ones are when they die. I'm happy to hear you were with your family during this difficult time. Please keep me informed of when you are going back.
Eli, I'm so thankful that you got to be there for his passing. What a comfort the gospel is at times like this. Best of luck with all the arrangements and much love to your grandmother.
I'm glad you guys are able to be out there!! I hope everything goes well with the funeral. We miss you guys!
This is Christym sorry I am using my sisters computer.
Eli I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa but like you said, its peaceful to know hes in a better place and not sick anymore!! Our gospel is an amazing thing!! Stay strong and hang in there! Let me know when you get back into town, k?
Post a Comment