1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog is just nasty, even the name! I love hot chocolate and cider though. mmm...
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Growing up, santa set our presents up in the living room unwrapped with our stockings by them so we know which pile is ours. (I never had much trouble though because I am the only girl)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
nope. I actually don't think I've ever even seen real mistletoe
5. When do you put up your decorations?
the weekend after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Mashed potatoes, green bean casserolle, my aunt kellee's cream cheese corn, pretty much anything but desserts. I get sick of chocolate around Christmas.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Santa would always come in the middle of the night (around 1 in the morning or so) and we would hear him say "HO HO HO" really loud. Then, we would rush out to the living room and all of our stuff would be out!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
My parents told us when we were 8.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Since we don't have any kids in our family now and santa usually comes around 10 at night, we just open all of them on Christmas Eve
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
All my ornaments are angels. We even have a weenie dog angel!!! My mom gives me a new angel ornament every year.
12. Can you ice skate?
I haven't been in years. I can stay up, but I don't take many chances either.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I was super excited when I got my American Girl doll, Molly.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The spirit that comes with celebrating the birth of Christ. I love that warm feeling you get in your heart during this time of year.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
pumpkin pie YUM-O
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
opening presents one at a time so we can see the looks on everybody's faces when they open their presents. we also look at christmas lights on Christmas Eve
17. What tops your tree?
HAHA. We didn't have a tree topper last year (our tree is too tall to have a topper in our low ceiling apartment) so peter put one of our glass angel ornaments on the top. It's about 3" tall. It's so funny :)
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Anybody who says they PREFER giving is lying. But, I do love shopping for the gifts
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Last Christmas by Wham, O Holy Night by Josh Groban, Silent Night by Celine Dion, All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
20. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?
I think stores use Christmas to their advantage and most people forget why we celebrate it. It drives me crazy when people take Christ out of Christmas by writing X-mas. But, I love how it is such a big deal and I love the Christmas songs in stores!
PS. Carrie: I think I deserve to be taken off your "bloggers who don't really blog" list because I think I have been doing pretty good...
No comments:
Post a Comment