I have the most womderful husband in the world so this post is dedicatetd to him. He is a wonderful man all around. He makes me laugh, he supports me, and he is so thoughtful. The night before Valentines, he was doing the dishes (like he always does because he is awesome) and just blurted out "I can't wait anymore!" He ran to his car and brought in my Valentines present. It is a white gold ring for my right hand that has a ruby (my birthstone) on it with two diamonds on the sides of it. I am so spoiled!!!He said since he had to work on Valentines, he wanted me to wear it all day. For Valentines day, I always do something for him instead of getting him a gift. This year, my brothers came over to help me decorate the apartment while Peter was working. I woke up early and went to the store to get all of the decorations and ingredients for dinner. My brothers brought the Christmas lights and we swung them all over my ceiling like a restaurant. Then, we blew up (yes with our mouths) over 130 balloons. We had a couple balloon pumps, but it took like 5 pumps equal to one breath. Then, we had to hid the balloons in our room because Peter was going to come home early! We shoved all of them in our room and when Peter came home, I had to cover his eyes and lead him to the bathroom where his workout clothes were. He changed and I sent him to the gym so I could have time to prepare dinner. Once he left, I started cooking. I made apricot mustard chicken (soooooooo yummy) with vegetable orzo and roasted asparagus. I also made a chocolate fondu with strawbererries for dessert. When he came home from the gym, I led him into the bathroom again so he could shower and change into his "church" clothes. I was wearing a dress. While he was in the shower, I had a few minutes to set the table (he even brought home some Martinellis) and push all of hte balloons out of our room. when he came out of hte bathroom, there were balloons all over the floor and lights on the ceiling and a candle lit dinner. I even had some romantical music playing in the background. I am pretty proud of my meal too, it was SOOO good! Then, we went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic (that was him doing something nice for me) but it was totally lame. Overall, it was a very romantic evening (and very frugal, too!).
On another note, Peter has many many nicknames. I think that I am just creative, although he does not like most of them. Here are some of the names I have for him:
Peter

Peter poo

Pede

Peter Weeter

Peter Weed

Weed

Weeda

Muva Weed (compliments of my youngest brother, Bo)

Pedro (compliments of my dad)

One name I have never called him:Pete! Isn't that weird? Most of his friends call him Pete, but I never have. Anyway, here's to you Peter!!!
1 comment:
wow! you really went all out for valentine's dinner...what a cute idea!
love the nicknames:)
Post a Comment