Saturday, December 26, 2009

White Christmas

I don't even know where to begin! This is going to be a very long blog (just a warning). We are very have been very blessed this holiday season and have a lot to brag about. On the 23rd, we had the elders in our ward over for dinner (I made Cafe Rio Pork tacos, yum!). My family has a tradition that I wanted to continue with our little family. I collected gifts from the entire ward and when the missionaries came over we had a little Christmas party! Another family in the ward came over and brought egg nog and we watched teh elders open gifts. It was a really sweet experience and we look forward to continuing this tradition for a long time. As soon as I get the pictures from the elders, I will post those.
On the 24th, we headed over to my family's house. We were pleasantly suprised to see snow on our drive there! It didn't stop snowing until late Thursday night. It even stuck overnight. It was the first time to snow on Christmas Eve since 1939 and my first White Christmas!!! I was way more excited from Peter (apparently this wasn't his first white Christmas), but we had fun.


The missionaries in my parents ward came over and we all had dinner. We ate ham, corn, green beans, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce and it was all amazing!

After dinner, those missionaries opened presents and we drove around in the blizzard (Yes, it was a blizzard. Tons of snow, winds up to 40 mph, ice on the roads, wrecks at every intersections, etc.) and dropped off last minute gifts for some friends and family. We then headed to a Christmas party when SANTA arrived. He was the real Santa, real beard and all. Well, he called our names and I got a bunch of eyeshadows and Peter got some golf balls.

We even sat on Santa's lap! After we hung out with The Big Man, we headed back to my parents house. After we had some dessert, the missionaries went home and we changed into pj's to get ready to open presents.

We totally got hooked up this year!
This first picture is the Peli gifts: a rice cooker, some sifters, an "eternal love" wood cutout, and a laptop lap desk. Also not pictured: a "Live, Laugh, Love sign" and a "Families are Forever" clock.

Peter got some dress shirts, a couple ties, some golf balls, handkercheifs, a nice golf shirt, and a Cowboys BBQ set. Not pictured: a new church suit!


I got a bunch of shirts, an argyle sweater, a Bebe purse (love it), a totally cute Bebe white coat with black fur on the collar (not pictured), a brown sweater, and a purse holder.

My brother also got me an ultimate snuggie! Ok, is is not called an ultimate snuggie, but it is amazing.


I got Peter a nano Ipod so he can take it to the gym with him! He has been using mine which is purple and has pink earphones. Peter got me some bookcases! I have been wanting them and will post pictures soon.
Today (Christmas day) we all slept in and had pancakes for breakfast. Then, we went to see Sherlock Holmes. After the movie, we played a little Rock Band and watched some good ol' fashioned TV. Peter and I just got home a little while ago and had a package on our front door! Peter's mom sent us some nuts, peppermint chocolate sticks, a little porcelain nativity and some polished silver plates engraved with a "U" on them! It is a really neat gift because they were given to her as a wedding gift a long time ago. I am going to buy a plate holder that goes on our wall to display them. I love sentimental gifts like that.


We had a really fun and relaxed Christmas. We have been really blessed this year and we are grateful for our families. Bo is in the MTC right now, so we didn't get to talk to him today and we both really miss him especially this time of year, but we know he is doing the Lord's work. I hope yall had a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Cook Family said...

I got one of the blankets you wear too! I love it!

Lisa said...

1. Fun idea with the missionaries.
2. I guess I don't have your email anymore. We are going to be moving out your way next summer and I'd love to hear all of your opinions of the McKinney area. Email me when you get a chance: lisa_schaack at hotmail.com