
The last twenty years of my life have been spent in school and have led up to this point. After I graduated high school, I went to BYU and spent 3 years there. Once Peter and I tied the knot, we decided it was best for us to stay in the great state of Texas. The not-so-great truth was that none of my BYU credits transferred to Texas schools. I had a really hard time knowing that my schooling had been wasted but I was determined to get my degree. I spent two years taking classes at Brookaven college, I transferred to Texas Woman's University. After 2 more years, I finally did it! I got my Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics and Institutional Administration. The morning of my graduation, Peter told me he had something for me to wear to graduation. He got me some beautiful diamond earrings and a heart necklace that has a vintage feel with diamonds. I am so blessed to have Peter who has pushed me and supported me in my pursuit of my degree. I am the first person on both sides of my family to actually graduate from college. I worked really hard for a long time and I am so proud of myself. The camera ran out of batteries when I was walking, but luckily phones can now take pictures.



After graduation, my family went to Maggianno's where I totally got spoiled. I got a Coach watch, a Juicy Couture purse, earrings from Tiffany's, a diamond bracelet, perfume, and a Class of 2010 picture frame. I feel like I am a high maintenance college graduate now. My kids are going to check the box that their parent has a college degree! Thanks to my family, I finally accomplished one of my life-long dreams.
1 comment:
Go Eli! That's AWESOME!!! Thad's the first one in his family (both sides) to get a college degree as well. I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment