Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Madness

I totally LOVE Halloween! I love dressing up, I love the cold evenings (although that rarely happens round here), and I love getting together to party. Well, we definitely partied this last weekend. Friday night, my mom was in charge of her Trunk-or-Treat. Paul, Peter and I all went to help out. We had costumes planned, but since we can't cover our faces at the Trunk-or-Treat we had to come up with last minute costume ideas. We went to the Thrift Plaza by our house and Peter found a great robe for $2. He decided he wanted to be Moses. At the Trunk-or-Treat, haha. So, of course Paul was going to be Aaron. I decided to be a black butterfly. It did get cold that night but we hung out, ate dinner, laughed at all the kids' costumes, and of course ate some candy.




Saturday morning Peter and I ran our first 5k! I still can't believe I did it. IT was the Gary Burns Fun Run in Frisco. Gary Burns was a fire chief in Frisco and when he died, they began the Fun Run to raise money for a scholarship fund for Frisco students. We went by ourselves so we couldn't take any pics but it was a pretty neat experience. Peter ran it in 31 mins and I ran it in 35. Not bad considering I'm not a runner. I ran the entire time which was my goal. I am still sore and not planning on any more races after our Marathon relay Dec. 5, but I'm glad that I did it. The best part was that Peter was right at the finish line waiting for me when I crossed. It was a great way to start the day.
Later that day, we headed up to Melissa for another party. This time, Paul decided to be Moses.
Sunday, we went to church and then got ready for the annual Frito Pie Fest at my parents' house. There were about 50 people there including our good friends Daniel and Genevie and Liz and Rick. Some of us dressed up but again, do we really need an excuse? We played some Halloween games (Peter and I won the superstition crossword and got a yum-o candle). Then, we watched as the Rangers died a slow death to the Giants. Boo.

Elder Buck with the Buck:

Updikes and Canos:


And of course, we can't forget Winston. He had two costumes this year too! His first one I didn't get a picture of but we put two signs on either side of his kennel that read: "Despite all my rage, I'm still just..." "A RAT in a Cage!". His second one was a spider/webb. Isn't he the cutest?!

No comments: