Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

"Family Pictures"





So I actually didn't get any pics at Christmas (slacker, I know) but I did want to have a small post on Christmas. On the 23rd, we had a small Christmas celebration with the missionaries in our ward. We have a great, supportive ward and we collected gifts from a bunch of families to give to the missionaries. My family has always kept this tradition and this is the second year in our ward to do the same thing. We invited them to dinner and my parents and grandma joined us. Then, a couple of families in our ward came over and we surprised them with a bunch of gifts! It was so fun and we look forward to continuing this tradition for a long time.
On Christmas Eve, we went over to my parents' house and had tacos. Yum-o. We ate dinner with the fam and the missionaries who live at their house. Then we delivered some gifts to family friends and had some fun doing Chinese fire drills in the rain. Once we headed back to the house, another set of missionaries joined us and the 4 of them opened their presents.
Once they finished, we opened our presents, we always open presents on Christmas Eve. I was so excited for what I got Peter I could barely hold it in. He served his mission in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and he always talks about this candy bar called the Wunderbar. Well, this wonderful sister in my ward is from Canada and visits often. On one of her visits I asked her to get some Wunderbars for me and she totally came through. He said it was the most surprising gift he had ever gotten. And yes, it is wonderful. Anyway. I gave Peter a 12 gauge shotgun so he got a bunch of stuff for that and my dad gave him a 3 wood golf club.
I love shopping so Peter gave me 2 American Express gift certificates for a mini shopping spree!!! I had also been talking about taking some cooking classes so he gave me a Chicken Basics class and a Dessert class. I have already done the Chicken class and it was so awesome! I'm taking the Dessert class next week and I'm so excited. I got a bunch of clothes, cooking utensils, and a fireplace for Christmas. Yes, I said fireplace. Our house doesn't come with a fireplace (weird, I know) and I was looking for a certain fireplace DVD for months but could never find the right one. To my surprise, I opened this huge box and it was a fireplace! You plug it in and it lights up and lets out heat. It works quite well and looks great. Once I move around my furniture, I will post a picture. Two days after Christmas, we caught a 6 am flight to Milwaukee, WI to visit Peter's oldest sister and her family. We had busy days filled with seeing movies, going to a museum, going ice skating, going snowmobiling, and best of all just hanging out with the family. The Ponds are our only nieces/nephews and we love hanging out with them. We flew back on the 30th, just in time for NYE. We went to Hibachi Rock and sang some karaoke until the countdown. We had a busy, fun-filled holiday break but we loved seeing family.

No comments: