Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Best Valentine's Day ever!

It all started last night. My due date was 2 months from yesterday (does that make me 7 months along?) so it was an appropriate day to jump-start the festivities. We booked a massage yesterday at our favorite spa. I had a prenatal massage and Peter had a deep tissue massage. Every pregnant woman should get a prenatal massage, it was divine! Peter had booked the Valentine's Day package so we also got a gift basket with Lindt chocolates, bath salts, a candle, floating rose soaps, and sparkling cider (Peter asked to replace the champagne). Peter's not really a bath guy so I pretty much lucked out.
This morning, Peter went to the gym so I took advantage of the time and put together a little candy bouquet for him.

I also made some red velvet chocolate chip pancakes. I always seem to burn pancakes so when Peter came home, he cooked them up real quick. They were so delish! We had a nice little breakfast together then decided that we should go see a movie. It was about 10 until 11 so we decided to check out the 11:15 showing of The Vow. We have the best job ever. It was a pretty sweet Valentine's Day movie.

We left around 5 for dinner reservations at a surprise location, but we made a little detour and ran by my parents house. I wasn't sure why when we pulled up but Peter asked my dad to borrow his car to take to dinner! It is a 2010 Mustang Roush so that was pretty fun, although I think Peter had a better time driving it than anything else :). Then, we arrived at Texas de Brazil which is just amazing. When we were taken to our table, these little beauties were there waiting for me:

Peter had them delivered to the restaurant! There were 5 white daisies for our 5 years of marriage and one red rose for our little Weston who will be here in 2 months. So cute! Here's some pictures of us at dinner:


My belly looks way bigger in this picture than it really is:

After dinner, we decided to see another movie. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's 2 movies in one day. We're crazy like that. We saw Man on a Ledge.

It was pretty good and it was nice because the theater was almost empty, I would guess that most other people were seeing The Vow.

Of course, we had to finish off the night with some take home cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. We didn't even have any last night because we were so full, but we will totally be eating it the rest of the week.
We kind of went all out this year which we don't normally do but we figured that this was kind of our stay-at-home babymoon. This was our last Valentines day together with just the two of us, but I'm sure next year will be even more exciting. I love you, Peter!

1 comment:

Cano Family said...

aww what an amazing Valentine's Day you had! It is wierd to think about your life a year from now huh? Its going to be so amazing though!