I am lucky enough to have some great examples of mothers in my life, most importantly my own mom. She has been so supportive of everything that I have chosen to do in my life. She is passionate about everything in her life. Everything is a big deal, whether that is a 6th grade choir concert or a Christmas holiday. She is a great example of perseverance. No matter what trials are presented in her life, she does not dwell on the negative, she figures out a solution and moves forward. The best part about my mom is the unconditional love I have always and still feel from her. Since having Weston, I love seeing how excited she is about him. She's already spoiling the heck out of him and loving every minute of it.
Although I'm new at this whole mother business, I am so happy and lucky to have this little guy in my life. Ever since we brought him home, it's like our lives are finally full. He has brought more meaning and joy into my life than anything else and even though we've only had him for a month, I can't really imagine life without him. It's weird how that happens.
This morning, Peter made me breakfast. It wasn't technically breakfast in bed because I was already up feeding Wes, but it was just as good. Peter also gave me a gift certificate for a 90 minute hot stone massage! I can't wait to use it! Then, we got ready to go to church for the first time since he was born. It was kind of weird since I have avoided church like the plague on Mother's days in the past, but I thought it was an appropriate time to make it to church. We had a great program and Wes slept right through sacrament like the good baby that he is. After church, I got a good 2 hour nap in before heading over to my parents' house for a Mother's day dinner. The whole family was there and it was nice just hanging out with everybody.
Overall, it was a really relaxing day but the best part was just celebrating it with my little family. I have the cutest boys in my life and feel especially blessed to be a mom to little Weston this Mother's day.
1 comment:
You look so great!!! Miss you!
Post a Comment