Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Birthday week



My birthday is July 25 and exactly one week later, Peter's birthday is on August 1. We always have a jam packed week but it's so much fun. The week started out on the 24th. I was having a rough day and Peter said that he had an early birthday present for me. He gave me the cutest necklace! It is called the Mother's Love charm. The big part of the heart represents me and the little part represents Weston. There are two additional charms that have my birthstone and Weston's. I LOVE it!

My good friend Liz gave us 4 tickets to see Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. We took Rickysha since Ricky's birthday is just two days after mine. It was so fun! The dancers were amazing, the singing was great, and our seats were in the second row! Before the show, we snapped a quick picture before the lady came up to us and told us that we were not allowed to take pics, oops!
Wednesday was my birthday and it was the best birthday ever! I hung out with my boys in the morning then we met up with my parents to go to Gloria's for lunch although I think they just wanted an excuse to see Weston ;)


After lunch, Peter had made an appointment to get some pictures of Weston done.
 
It was so fun! He was a pretty happy baby the whole time and they turned out so cute. Here are some of our favorites:




What a cutie! I just love that little guy so so so much. We spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out and shopping. It was the perfect day! The next night, we met our friends, the Jorgensens for dinner at Cheesecake Factory, yum-o!
Over the weekend, Peter flew out to Virginia to attend his uncle's funeral. I wish I could have gone with him, but it just wasn't in the cards. It is so much harder to have Peter out of town now that we have Weston so we were pretty happy when he came home.
Wednesday was Peter's birthday so he went golfing in the morning then we had to get some work done in the afternoon. He didn't know I had a surprise date planned for him that evening. Right after work, we dropped Weston off at my parents' and we went to In-N-Out for dinner. Then, I took him to Race Track for some go-cart racing. We had a really fun time and I was nice enough to let him win for his birthday.
 While we were there, we couldn't turn down the opportunity to become recording artists. They had this little booth with headphones and a microphone. We chose to record Nirvana's Come As You Are. What can we say, we are 90's kids. We have it on a CD but I'm pretty sure nobody will ever hear it :)
Since Peter didn't get enough golf during the day, we did a little putt-putt.
 
Meanwhile, Weston was having a blast hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa.
When we got back to the house, I had a little surprise party planned with all of our salesmen. I had made a delicious ice cream cake and we ended the night watching the Olympics.
 Well, that was the end of our birthday week, or so Peter thought. Little did he know that I had sent out an evite about a month ago planning a surprise party. We had to throw a party for Peter's big 3-0! We ate at a Brazilian restaurant and stuffed ourselves silly. It was really yummy and they even had live music which was fun. We had old friends and new friends there and we loved spending the evening together.

 Zaundra tried getting out of the picture so I made sure to capture one of her:


I just love Peter so much. I am so lucky to have the best family and friends ever. Here's to growing old together!

1 comment:

TheHolleys said...

SO glad we were able to be part of Peter's 30th B-day surprise! It was good to see you both and catch up! You have some really awesome friends...we really enjoyed all of their company! :) And btw, your little boy is such a cutie! I could just squeeze him all day!