Tuesday, January 8, 2013

NYE 2012

Grandmama came to visit over Christmas and we got to take a pic with Weston before she left.
 On the 28th, we headed down to San Antonio to spend New Year's with the Updikes. Lisle is Peter's cousin and he has the awesomest family. We felt so welcomed and had such a great time with their family. We drove to Austin Friday and spent the night in a hotel because Peter's sister Caroline flew in late that night to join us in San Antonio. We got to San Antonio Saturday afternoon and after hanging out for a little bit, we hit up the Riverwalk. The Riverwalk is one of our favorite things, it's just so unique and lively. It was really fun because there are tons of Christmas lights hanging down on all of the trees along the Riverwalk.


 We decided to get some Mexican food and Peter dared Luke (8) to eat a jalapeno and he did! What a crazy/brave kid! I haven't even done that before.



 On Sunday, two of Peter's other cousins came over (Crystal lives in Houston and Mark lives in San Antonio) for dinner.

Weston was lovin' hanging out with everybody. I think he was laying on Mark  like this for like 30 minutes haha.



 Molly (4) was Weston's biggest fan. She was so great with him and he loved all the attention.


 Crystal and Mark playing the bells. We played a bunch of songs with the bells which was fun...and loud :)
 
 I was bored with the bells because I have NO musical talent so I took pics with all the cool features of my new camera:



 New Year's eve day the boys went shooting and had a blast then the girls went to get pedicures and pizza. That night, the Updikes had some friends and family come over for food, fun, and games (Updikes LOVE games)




 We rang in the new year and just had a relaxed next couple of days. I got really sick and a week later, I am just getting over it. Luckily, MaryAnn and Caroline convinced me to go see Les Miserables with them. It was so awesome (no, I didn't cry) and I had fun just chillin' with the girls.
 We had so much fun just hanging out and relaxing. The Updike family is so awesome and we really love getting together with them. Hopefully spending NYE together can become a new tradition! Weston especially loved all the kids. They were so gentle with him and it was nice to have somebody else entertaining him for a change. Happy New Year!

No comments: