Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patty's Day

Holiday s are so much more fun with a little one around. This was Weston's first St. Patty's day and I may have gone a bit overboard, but the bigger the better. Holidays were always a huge deal growing up. Even when I was at BYU, my mom would send me packages with things to decorate my apartment and little goodies for each holiday. Both me and my roommates loved it and I want to continue the tradition with my kids. A little leprechaun stopped by and brought some gifts to Weston Sunday morning.
For breakfast, Peter made some green chocolate chip pancakes. I had Weston all ready for church in his tie and everything and right before we were leaving, he blew out so we had to completely change him. Luckily, he had another shirt with green in it so he didn't get pinched (except for maybe his chubby cheeks). That evening, my family came over for some green rice crispie treats, root beer floats, and mostly to watch The Walking Dead.
There was this article going around facebook about taming down the holidays because Christmas is a big deal and that little holidays like St. Patrick's Day don't need to be such a big deal, but I beg to differ. While I don't necessarily think that we need to give presents for every single holiday, I do think fun traditions create memories. I love my family and I love making fun memories.If you want to be a grump, go ahead, but I'll stick to celebrating just because I can!

No comments: