Saturday, November 16, 2013

Frisbee and Friendsgiving

Peter was in charge of an Elder's Quorum activity and decided to do night ultimate frisbee. 12 people showed up and the weather was perfect. My friend Jess and I went for the first little bit and it was pretty cool to watch them running around in the pitch black with a glowing frisbee and glowstick necklaces and bracelets. They ended up playing four games and everybody had a great time and wants to do it again. Good job planning, Petah!
The next night, we had 12 of our closest friends over for our first annual Friendsgiving dinner. We have some really great friends and it gets so crazy around Christmas so we thought doing a nice sit down dinner right before the craziness starts would be a fun way to show our friends how much we appreciate them. Luckily, my mom is the master entertainer and had every thing I needed to throw a beautiful dinner party. We had two tables and they were both decorated a little differently. It was a lot of work (3 loads of dishes after dinner) but we will totally be doing it again. 

Each person had a place setting with a chocolate bar to take home. 
I only got a couple of pictures of dinner, but we had a great time. Peter and I provided the turkey (ok, Dickey's BBQ provided the turkey) and everybody else brought a side dish or dessert.


After dinner, we played a Newlywed style game which was actually pretty funny. The Mears took the cake with 14/20 correct questions! Once the game was over, we enjoyed some delicious dessert and just hung out. This Thanksgiving season, we are thankful for some wonderful people in our lives. Thanks for putting up with us Updikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you did a Friendsgiving how wonderful is that. looks like it went well and yes your mom is the master party planner, I have missed her holiday parties this year. -Genevie