Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thirty days of thanks

The last few years on Facebook people have done 30 days of thanks and they post something that they are thankful for every day. While I do like that idea, I've decided to add onto this post every single day and I will publish it at the end of the month so that way I can keep it on record.
1: I am thankful for fall. Yesterday we had a great time on Halloween spending time together and after our crazy summers I look forward to the fall so much so I can spend more time with my family.
2: I am thankful for beautiful Texas weather. We spent a lot of time outside today and it is just refreshing to get out in the sunshine. 
3: I am thankful for the things my son is learning at church. He just started saying amen and during somebody's testimony today he yelled out "amen" a total of four times before the guy was done. It was pretty funny but I do appreciate that he is understanding prayers and testimonies now. 
4: I am thankful for airplanes. Peter left on a recruiting trip today which I hate but it is nice that he can get from here all the way to Salt Lake City in a matter of a few hours. Even more so, I love when people can come visit us are when we can go visit family thinks to modern-day travel. 
5: I am thankful for my dishwasher. We just got it fixed after having a really hard time with it since we have been in our house and it is so nice to have working appliances. I could not imagine having to wash my dishes by hand all the time.
6: I am thankful for a good night's sleep. Yesterday Weston was up a couple times and then up for the day at five in the morning and this pregnant lady needs her sleep. Last night, he slept 12 hours and took a decent nap today and I feel like a completely different person. I have had pretty bad insomnia this entire pregnancy so even getting a few hours of uninterrupted sleep feels amazing at this point. 
7: I am thankful for doctors. Weston has to get hernia surgery in a couple weeks and I had my biweekly visit today with my doctor. We literally put our lives in their hands and I'm glad that we have some wonderful doctors that we trust. 
8: I am thankful for good hair days. 
9: I am grateful that Peter came home today. He helps me so much around the house and with Weston and I just enjoy being near him. 
10: I am thankful for the primary program today which had a theme of "I am a child of God". Sometimes the most simple messages are the most touching. 
11: Today is vereran's day and I am so thankful for the men and women who have and do serve our country. I have a wonderful life thanks to those who have fought to defend our freedoms. 
12: I am thankful for relief society. I truly enjoy being around such wonderful sisters. 
13: I am thankful for healthy meals. I really feel so much better when I eat well.
14: I am thankful for my awesome book club. I have read books that I otherwise wouldn't have and I love talking to the ladies about all kinds of different topics. 
15: I am thankful for Weston's laid back personality. It makes my life so much easier. 
16: i am thankful for good friends. We had our friends giving dinner tonight and we celebrated friendship with a few of our closest friends. We really are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. 
17: I am thankful for crafting. I don't do it often and I am not the best at it but when I do, I feel really accomplished. 
18: I'm thankful for a washer and dryer. 
19: I  grateful for good food. I love food and I honestly believe that Heavenly Father put yummy food on this earth for us to enjoy. 
20: I am grateful to be pregnant. I wasn't feeling that great today but I remember what it felt like when all I wanted was to carry a baby and now I am. I have had it pretty easy this time around and I am just grateful that I have an opportunity to have another child. 
21: I am thankful for priesthood blessings. Weston goes in for his hernia surgery tomorrow and Peter was able to give him a blessing tonight that helped me probably more than anything. The priesthood is a real power and I'm blessed to have it in my home. 
22: today I am grateful that Weston's surgery went well.
23: I am grateful for warm, comfy clothes and a lazy Saturday with my family. 
24: tonight I'm grateful for my home. I love my house and I'm glad it's a safe haven for me and my family. 
25: I am grateful for date night. My wonderful parents watched Weston so we could do dinner and a movie. We haven't been out on a date in forever! I love my husband and I'm glad that after 7.5 years of marriage, we can still laugh and talk together just like we did when we were dating. 

26: I'm thankful for my job. I dont love going into the office but I'm grateful that it pays the bills. 
27: I am thankful for my parents and brothers. They are so welcoming and love Weston so much. He loves spending time with them and I love watching him with them. 
28: I am thankful to be pregnant again. It was such a struggle with Weston and I feel so blessed to be having another baby soon. 
29: I am so so thankful for my little Weston. He's the joy of my life and I had no idea what I was missing until he came along. He's my little buddy and I love him so much. 
30: I saved the best for last and I'm thankful for my sweet husband. He's a hard worker, a great dad, and a wonderful husband. He strengthens me and makes me feel like the best version of myself. He's the peanut butter to my jelly and I'm one lucky girl to have him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list! So happy for you guys and thankful for blogs that allow me to keep up in the chaos! :) -Genevie

glad2bemommy09 said...

loved this:-)