He's finally here! After a long nine months, our second little guy has finally made his debut. I went in for my weekly appointment on Christmas Eve and they told me that I was finally off the waiting list to be induced on Thursday the 26! I was so excited. So, Thursday morning, we woke up at the crack of dawn so we could get to the hospital by 7:30. After we got all checked in, my doctor showed up around 8:15 and broke my water. I was dilated to about a 2.5 which meant that I gad only progressed 1 cm in 3 weeks. After she broke my water, they started the pitocin and my contractions really started around 9 am which is when they say my labor really started. I didn't get my epidural right away but as soon as my contractions started getting uncomfortable I asked for it. Within two contractions the pain went from uncomfortable to horrible/crying. The anesthesiologist hadn't even come in yet but in that time I went from a 2.5 to a 6! No wonder the pain was so intense. Around 10, the epidural was in and I was feeling much better. By 10:30, the nurse checked me and I was at a 10! I had to wait for my doctor to arrive and get everything ready but it only took four contractions of pushing and he was here at 11:19 am. My total labor was less than 2.5 hours! Everybody including my doctor kept saying how fast I was.
He was 8 lb 7 oz and 20 inches long and looked exactly like Weston did as a newborn.
We fell in love immediately.
My parents watched Weston for us and brought him up to meet his baby brother soon after he was born to meet Nathan. He was kind of freaked out by all the machines and wouldn't even let me hold him but when they brought him back in the afternoon, he was his normal self and we actually got our first picture as a family of four.
We spent the next couple of days just loving on this sweet baby. My recovery has been so much better this time around than it was with Weston so I am actually feeling pretty good. I can't wait to go home tomorrow and have all my boys at home with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment