I've learned an important lesson recently in doing it all. The truth is, I just can't. Not by myself, anyway. A month or two ago I had a friend who was sick and when I texted her offering dinner she actually excepted my help! Most people would say that they were okay or not worry about it but she just graciously texted me back and said "that would be great thank you so much". that taught me that it was okay to accept help from other people. I was happy that she accepted my help and grateful for the chance to serve. Since having baby Nathan, I have made the commitment to accept help when offered to me. Even though Peter is home with me most of the time and is an enormous help, it is still hard to have a toddler in the newborn. I joined the Carrollton early childhood PTA in the fall and have met some wonderful ladies through that program. They have what is called the sunshine program where they will provide meals for you if needed. The ladies in my group convinced me to sign up for that so I could have some meals after having the baby. It took some convincing and humbling on my part to accept that help but it has been a tremendous blessing the last couple of weeks. My family has had some wonderful and nutritious meals that we otherwise would not have had if it weren't for that help. I've also had some other friends offered to bring us dinners randomly which is so thoughtful and so appreciated. I have also had friends offer to take Weston for play dates which has allowed me to get some work done as well as rest. My family came over on Sunday evening and helped me take down my Christmas tree which is actually been a little bit of a stress for me. It took maybe 15 minutes where it would've taken me much longer and I really appreciated that help. My sister-in-law is coming in town for a week to help me out while Peter is in Utah recruiting at the end of the month. I am so grateful for people who love us and care about us enough to offer their time and resources to help us out when we really need it.
I have recently realized that it was my pride standing in the way of accepting help. Once I let go of a little bit of that, my life has actually become much easier and less stressful. I feel a little silly that I am 28 years old and just have come to the realization that letting go of my pride actually puts me much more at ease and I feel much more peace.
Seeing all these people who have their own busy lives take time out for me and my family really makes me feel so loved. I am so grateful for friends and family who care about us and love us enough to help us out during this busy time. I hope that I can return the favor and serve more.
No comments:
Post a Comment