Monday, June 9, 2014

Have you ever had one of those days where you just wondered why the Lord thought you could handle everything on your plate? Today was one of those days for me. Nothing in particular happened, but I just felt really overwhelmed today. Neither boy got a good nap before 1 o'clock church they were both a little cranky when we got there. Peter had to pick up a family for church today but his meeting made him late. I was sitting in a long pew by myself trying to save seats and the family that he picked up never even ended up in the chapel. Weston was being ornery and Peter didn't come in until after the sacrament so I handed Nathan off to one of the sisters which was a huge help for me. As I was trying to wrangle my two-year-old, save an entire benche and wonder where my husband was, I just felt extremely overwhelmed. Tears came to my eyes and I wondered why Heavenly Father thought I could handle everything in my life right now. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I have a wonderful life. I have a great husband, two perfect little boys, we have a good job, and there are a lot of wonderful people in my life. But sometimes, I feel like I am failing. 
And guess what, it's ok to fail. It's okay to walk into church with a two-year-old that has no shoes on (I may have done that a few weeks ago). It's okay to not have a next your outfit when your baby has a blowout at a friends house (I may have forgotten the poopy outfit in my diaper bag for three days). It's ok if that last ten pounds of baby weight hasn't fallen off yet even after six months. You know why it's ok? Because we are not expected to be perfect. We are not expected to go through life on our own. We need help. We need help from those little angels who take our babies in the hall at church because we have a fussy toddler. We need help from those angels who are our friends even when we are a mess. We need help from those awesome neighbors who always have chocolate chips on hand so we can satisfy our cravings for cookies. Nobody does it alone. Sometimes we can help and sometimes we need help. Today, I needed the help and my Father in Heaven knew that and sent angels for me. 

3 comments:

Jess and Richard said...

This is a great post, definitely need this right now!

Anonymous said...

All things through Christ who will strengthen you. So impressed by your go gett'em spirit. Great job mom😊

Elisha said...

i love this post... xoxo