Through many people's prayers, and a priesthood blessing, I was able to enjoy my vacation rash free! I hope I never get strep again.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Scarlet fever
Apparently there's a certain percentage of people who get a terrible skin reaction when they have strep throat. I am one of the lucky few. Nathan had some goopy eyes, so I took him to the doctor because I thought he had an ear infection. He didn't, but she said his throat was red so she swabbed him and he came up positive for strep. I had her check Weston and myself and we were all positive for strep throat. None of us had any symptoms, and we were on anabiotic's really early so it wasn't too bad. We Corentine ourselves for a couple of days, but then everything was fine. Four or five days later, the rash started. (I have only had strep one other time which was in high school and at the rash was terrible.) I was hoping it wouldn't get it since we caught it early, but no such luck. Literally overnight problem all these bumps showed up all over my body and itched like crazy. It got worse for a few days and then he started to hurt. The only thing that would bring me any relief was cold water which hurt at first, but it started to numb the pain. I didn't sleep for A few days, and the only thing that was supposed to help with calamine lotion, but it did no good. Luckily I used some essential oils and that helped take off the edge some. I was really worried because I was supposed to go to Hawaii in just a few days! Luckily, the rash started to fade really early and didn't even peel like it is supposed to. By the second day of being in Hawaii, the rash is completely gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment