Monday, April 25, 2016

Utah trip

We've been really excited to take a trip out to Utah since we hadn't been out there in three years. Peter's cousin Richard lived with us this summer and he basically became part of our family so when he told us he was getting married, we knew we were going to go. The kids were great on the plane and we were excited to finally get there!
Lucky for us, we were able to stay with Aunt Caroline and the boys loved it. 
So have you heard of Swig? I had only seen swig cookie recipes on Pinterest and I decided to give them a try. Nobody told me they sell Dirty DPs there. I may have gotten more than one...
We met up with Peter's sisters and mom for lunch at Cafe Rio on Friday and it was so fun to all be together (minus Paul who was working).
After lunch, Grandma Updike watched the boys while we surprised Peter's dad. April 25 is his 70th birthday and he didn't know any of us were coming out to Utah. He agreed to attend the temple with Caroline on Friday (along with Janet), so when he walked in the temple, he saw all of his living children there. It was probably the best surprise I've every been a part of. He couldn't stop crying and we all felt the presence of Peter's other siblings while we were all together in the temple. It was the first time ever that everybody was able to be in the temple at the same time and we all worked hard to make it happen. He said it was the best surprise he could think of. 
We picked up the boys and went to dinner at Tucano's Brazilian restaurant and ate our little hearts out. Our boys loved it. Like, I'm pretty sure they each ate more meat than I did.
That evening, we all spent time laughing and talking. We presented John with a book containing testimonies from all of us, including his grandchildren. 
It was so fun to plan and pull this off. He's a great man and has a great family. 
The next day was Richard and Kelsey's wedding day. We started out with a family breakfast and lunch at Cafe Rio. Yes, again. They had an afternoon wedding at the Provo City Center temple which was beautiful. It was great to go to the temple twice in two days, I don't think that I've ever done that before. They had a ring ceremony and a super fun reception. Weston even showed off a new dance move where he lays on his stomach and spins in circles :). We got to catch up with lots of cousins and aunts/uncles at the reception and danced the night away. 
We love Richard and we love Kelsey too. They're a great couple and even better, they're moving to Dallas!
And how cute are my boys is suits?!
It was a fun, crazy, busy weekend, but it was really awesome. So much family and fun. Goodbye for now, Utah. 

No comments: