Monday, November 3, 2008

The motherload of a blog

So since Peter works the entire summer, we decided that we deserved a vacation in the fall. We have always talked about going to Las Vegas since neither of us have been since we were kids with our families. We took off on Tuesday the 21st. We booked our flights through Southwest and little did we know that we had 2 layovers before we got to Vegas!!! I get motion sickness really bad and it is especially bad on planes, so it was not very fun. We arrived in Vegas Tuesday night and went straight to our hotel, the Excalibur. Everybody told us it was the white trash hotel in Vegas, but it wasn't that bad. The room was like any regular hotel and was super cheap. We rested up for our only full day of Vegas tourism. Wednesday morning, we got up and had McDonals's at our hotel. I know, why didn't we get the breakfast buffet that Vegas is so famous for? We both were just feeling egg mcmuffins I guess. We walked up the strip for a little bit and saw the MGM Grand, NY NY, and a few other hotels. We went back for lunch and I was feeling sick (that always seems to happen on vacation) so I took a nap while Peter hit the gym. It was actually a good thing we were back at the hotel since that's when we got "the call" about my dad. (I'll tell the whole story below) We then took the bus up to the other end of the strip to see the new hotel, the Wynn. It was a very high class hotel and was Peter's favorite. We then walked up the strip and saw almost every hotel in one day! My favorite was Caesar's Palace. It had an entire mall in the hotel with all of these high end stores like Oscar de la Renta, Prada, Gucci, Fendi, etc. We felt too cheap to even walk into most of the stores! But fear not, I was brave enough to walk into Tiffany's and try on a $32,000 ring! I fell in love with the most gorgeous ring and it felt good on my finger!!! We then walked to the Bellagio and saw the fountains. It was so perfect because we had a front row seat and the song "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli. We both love Bocelli and it was so romantic! Then, Peter took me to dinner at the Paris hotel at a restaurant called Mon Ami Gabi. It was a French restaurant (obviously) and I had the best steak of my life. Our table overlooked the Bellagio fountains so it was just perfect.
The next day, we flew to Utah to visit friends and Peter's family. We had so much fun going to the BYU vs. UNLV game and visiting with so many people. Peter's favorite part of the whole Utah trip was going to the David Archuleta corn maze. It was shaped like David Archuleta's head and they only played his music. Only in Utah.
"The call": my dad was riding his dirtbike and crashed. My mom called me when we were in Vegas letting me know. It turns out that he broke his pelvis in 4 places, his last vertebrae, and all of his ribs. He is doing better, but has to stay off his left leg for 6-8 weeks.
Lastly, here is a calendar of all the exciting things happening in November:
November 19: Coldplay concert. Viva la vida!!!
November 21: TWILIGHT MOVIE COMES OUT!
November 27: My brother comes home from his mission in Brazil!
Oh yeah, and its MAVS season!!!

4 comments:

joana said...

hey cute girl! i found you on barbie's blog and added you to my list (hope you don't mind). sounds like you had a blast in vegas! i'd love to hear more about your adventures. sorry about your dad, i hope he's doing better.
i'm sure i'll be seeing you around at the ballpark!

Erickson Fam said...

YOU POSTED! I love it!
It does sound like you had a blast in Vegas. Love that you tried on that crazy expensive ring! I bet if felt right at home on your finger.
So sorry you got motion sickness. And SO sorry to hear about your dad. Oh my goodness, poor guy is going to be out of commission for a while.
I love your calendar of events! Go Twilight! I wonder how early we can buy our tickets.
Welcome back to Texas!!

Russ and Megan said...

Sounds like a fun little vacation!! I love the Belliago and the fountains also in Vegas. That's fun that you made it up to Utah too. I was dying laughing at the David Archuleta corn maze! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. :) Sorry about your dad! That's a lot of broken bones! Hope he recovers quickly!!
We totally miss seeing you guys...we'll have to get together sometime soon.

Nikki said...

So, I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant or what, but I started getting a little emotional when I read about your perfect anniversary.
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he is healing quickly.
Hey, I can't find the part in your blog about the gal who is offering the photo deally.
Also, I don't know how to invite you to my blog. It's not private, so it shouldn't be difficult to check out. Here it is if you'd like to take a look:
draperfitclub.blogspot.com