Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm Baaaaack!!!

Ok, now that I am pretty much moved in I can blog again (not that I blog so much anyways). I don't have a cord for my camera so when I get one I will talk about the house. Today has been a great day. Here's why:
I finally painted our Dallas Cowboy's bathroom! We are both fans of The Boys, so I painted our guest bath gray and will be buying any Cowboys stuff we can to decorate the bathroom. I'm actually really excited for this!
My wonderful husband called me up and wanted an afternooon date! We met up at Dickie's in Frisco for some yummy BBQ (we had a coupon for a free lunch). Then, we went to Kohl's to do a little shopping. We wanted to go to Sheridan's frozen custard to use my BOGO free coupon, but sadly they are closed :( So, we ended up having a tasty treat at Sonic. During the summer, I only get to see him for a couple hours every day so I just loved spending the afternoon with him.
Then, I went grocery shopping today and spent $54 dollars and saved $52 today!!! With ONE coupon. How, you may ask? Well I'm pretty much awesome. Tom Thumb had some great deals and had some in store coupons that I used. Here's a list of everything i bought:

2 boxes Nature's Valley Oats N Honey granola bars
2 boxes Nature's Valley Fruit N Nut bars
(there was a coupon in the store paper that was $6 for four boxes)
2 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios
2 boxes Lucky Charms
(another coupon 4 boxes for $6)
1 lg can crushed tomatoes
1 lg can diced tomatoes
1 box chicken broth
2 jars Safeway vodka pasta sauce (ps. the best pasta sauce ever!!!)
1 double packet or ranch dressing mix
2 large bags (24 rolls ea) of Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper
sour cream
Nature's Own Wheat/Honey bread (with an instore coupon)
Kaiser rolls (6 ct)
Hamburger buns
1 bag chicken breasts
1 cucumber
1 onion
2 tomatoes
1 bag of Romaine hearts
and my ONE coupon: $10 off my purchase I got in the mail a few weeks ago
So it is possible to save over $50 by walking into a store without having any coupons. WAHOO

I have a really sad story that happened two days ago, so brace yourself. So, our fence is not Winston proof, and he finally escaped into the neighbor's yard. Well, the neighbors have a black lab-like dog that is tied up to the far end of their fence. So, our little 12 pound pooch thinks he is going to make a friend. The dog literally picked Winston up in his mouth (I watched the entire thing through a hole in the fench) and dropped him. Winston of course started whining and ran back to me. So, he was bleeding at the base of his tail where the dog's teeth punctured his skin. And....his tail is broken!!!!!!!! If anybody knows my little Winston, the first thing you notice is his long tail and how it always sticks straight up. His tail is all swollen and limp. We gave him a little bath and put some hydrogen peroxide on the wound and he is starting to heal. He totally milks the attention, though. He always wants to be picked up now and just puts his head down like he is defeated all the time. Poor little Winston :(

3 comments:

Becky Jorgensen said...

ok that is soooo sad!! at first I thought you were gonna say the dog ate him!! fuuuu!!! so glad that didn't happen!! k that is so good on the Tom Thumb thing! Go Eli!!!

Danielle said...

Sorry about your dog!! But awesome job getting such a great deal at tom thumb...I on the other hand am not good at finding deals..I just get overwhelmed!! But I am excited for girls night!! See you then!

Steve and Stephanie said...

aw that almost made me want to cry about little winston!!!! dude...first you get married, then you get a kitchen-aid, and it all went downhill from there.....you shop with COUPONS.....
it's ok, it made me want to do it too :)