So Washington DC has apparently gotten some pretty bad winter storms lately. Being from Texas, I pretty much hate the snow unless I can stay inside and sip on some hot chocolate. There were rumors this week that we would get some snow and I was hoping it would happen Wednesday night and freeze since I had a test this morning (Thursday). Winston got up around 4 and I took him out but no snow. When I got up at 7:15, I opened the window and to my suprise saw a winter wonderland! I was SOOOO stoked since I was really nervous about this test. Surely school was cancelled. I turned on the news and everything in Denton (the city where my school is) was closed. Denton ISD, Denton Montessori...I was waiting for the T section which took forever. Once it got there, NO TWU closings! What the what???? I looked online and sure enough, school was still on. So, I had peter back the car down the driveway and headed to school. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I had to leave early so I had enough time to get there (normally takes an hour) and I needed gas! So here I was in my sweats, no shower, hurry and pump gas, try to rush to schcool without killing myself and mad the whole time that everybody closed but TWU! Well, earlier this semester I signed up onine for a mobile alert system from TWU. They are supposed to send me a text message if school is ever cancelled for any reason. Lucky me, I got a text while I was driving...HOME...after my test. School was closing at 12 and my class got out at 11. Allwell. I finally made it home after stopping at the grocery store and am now able to relax. I have chili in the crock pot and pooch in his sweater.

Speaking of pooch, Whenever I get home, I immediately take him out. He ran by the door, put one paw out and backed up into the house. He's a weenie and HATES the cold. He ran by the door 3 times before he would go outside! Every time I opened it, he would stand in the kitchen and stare at the white abyss. He finally went out, kept his paws off the snow (he walked right by the house) and ran back in. At least I have a little snuggle buddy for the rest of the day.

And D.C. thought they had it bad, we're expecting 4-6 inches today!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment