Tuesday, February 8, 2011

3 Things- Day 2

Number 1: I'm thankful for the Food Network. When we first got married, I was not a good cook. Like, I'm talking fish sticks and taquitos for dinner. I started watching the Food Network and it inspired me to try new recipes. Not everything turned out perfect, but I got used to different cooking techniques. Now, I can tell my way around the kitchen just fine. I am not a chef by any means, but I do enjoy cooking (usually). I don't make anything too fancy, but we definitely eat a lot better now. Peter makes the comment quite often that "You are a million times a better cook now compared to when we first got married". Thank you, Food Network for helping my little family.

Number 2: I'm grateful for Texas. I know that sounds a little weird, but we are so happy that we live in Texas for a number of reasons. First of all, there are tons of bugs. Most people hate that but all the bugs pay our bills. We love how friendly people are here. We love the strength of the church here. We love the weather (except for the freak snow storm that happened last week). Peter did not grow up in Texas, but he has definitely converted.

Number 3: Slippers. Is there really anything better? I got these cheapie slippers on sale for $2.50 a couple months ago and luckily I bought two pairs. I wear them all the time. My hands and feet are always cold and the slippers actually do make a difference in keeping me warm. I love them!

These aren't my slippers but I thought they were sa-weet!

No comments: