It's 2 in the morning and I don't know if it is the 2 Dr. Pepper's I had while watching the Super Bowl or the nap I took this afternoon but I can't sleep. So I decided to blog about the Super Bowl (Go Packers!). Christina Aguilera embarrassingly sang the wrong words to our National Anthem. She combined "O'er the ramparts we watched" and "What so proudly we hailed" to create "What so proudly we watched". "Really? REALLY? At the Super Bowl?! Some people are saying it's because she was nervous. She's been a performer all her life, you can't tell me that's the reason. If you are going to sing the National Anthem of all things, I think you should know the words backwards and forwards. Ok, maybe not backwards but at least get them right. Deon Sanders is an idiot and tweeted, "Y'all leave Christina alone i was just informed that was the remix. The nfl was running behind so she was sweet enough to help us out." Pure stupidity. Really, like one line in the National Anthem had to be taken out to help with time?
At least the BEPs got it right. I thought their performance was AMAZING. Loved it. I have been pretty sick of them lately because its the same song everywhere I turn but their performance tonight renewed my love for them. Freakin' amazing. From the combination of songs to the guest performers to the costumes to the dancers, it was all around impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment