Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My first baby shower


Well, I realize I haven't been blogging as much as I should have with this pregnancy. There are so many little things that I do not want to forget. This past weekend, my entire family was out in California. Everybody else had been out there for longer than us but we had to work so we took a quick trip Thursday-Sunday. My grandma wanted to have a baby shower with all of her friends while we were out there so my family (especially my mom) did an awesome job planning the shower. It was decorated so cute with all sorts of colors (I didn't want just white and baby blue, that's too boring) but my favorite part was the cake. Not only was it so cute, but it was marble cake with handmade banana cream filling. Delish!

We had a taco bar and a taco salad station, the food was amazing!

There were probably 30 loud Hispanics there and we had a great time. Boys were also invited but they mostly hung out playing pool.

My brothers and two guys who used to be missionaries here in Dallas:

Pictures from the shower:



One of my closest friends. Steph and I have known each other for like 11 or 12 years now. We were both in each others weddings and now we have each been to each others baby showers! I'm so glad that we could see them while we were out in Cali and can't wait for them to come back to Texas!

Some family pictures:


Me with my parents:

The girls in the family:

Me with my brothers:

3.5 generations:

I have such an awesome/fun family and am so grateful for all the people who showed up to celebrate this little guy coming into our lives. I hadn't even met half of the people that were there until they showed up for the shower! We are so excited to meet him and it was fun celebrating with everybody.

1 comment:

Cano Family said...

Loved looking at all the pictures! Looks like you guys got a little bit of everything!