I have been thinking lately that I need to do a post about things that I don't want to forget about this pregnancy. It probably won't mean anything to anybody else out there, but this post is for me and maybe one day my little guy will be reminded of this part of our journey together.
Things that I could do without:
Pain. Back pain, belly pain, leg cramps, hip pain, etc.
Lack of sleep
My newly developed double chin. I kind of cringe when I look at pictures of myself because I can tell that my face looks totally different.
Throwing up on planes. I threw up on the way to Cali (that is the third time now). I'm pretty sure it is a combination of motion sickness and just being pregnant.
Things I have loved:
My favorite thing is feeling him move. It is a feeling I could never forget. In fact, last week I was taking a shower in Cali and the water pressure was harder than my shower at home and it was beating down on my belly. I didn't realize it until he started kicking at the water. As soon as I stepped out of the water, he stopped kicking. I have to admit I thought it was pretty funny so I did that about 5 times. It is so neat because I feel like he has his own little personality now. He is becoming more real to us. I feel like I already love him so much. I just can't wait to meet him and although I am not even close to ready, I wish he could come tomorrow.
I love my belly. Although it feels huge to me, I love that I look pregnant. I have been dreaming about what I would look like pregnant for years now. Yes, I feel like a tanker sometimes, but I still love that I look pregnant. Plus, people are totally nicer to pregnant ladies than they are to non pregnant people. They open doors for me, they let me cut in line, they lift things up for me. It's pretty awesome.
I love being pregnant and feel so blessed to be having this little guy come into our lives. Now if he would just get here...
2 comments:
I love all of those things. Glad to hear someone else has the leg cramping and back pain starting so early! I felt like I was crazy. I can't wait to meet your little guy either!
Loved all of it. Even the pain...it is so amazing you are getting to experience all of this now and i can't wait to meet your handsome lil man!
Post a Comment