Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas celebrations

I'm usually really on top of the holiday season with fun plans and decorations. Unfortunately this year has been a mess. I still have pumpkins in front of my house, I have almost no decorations besides my tree, and I'm still not done shopping even though I could have a baby any day. Luckily some of our friends are in town so we had a fun day doing some Christmas activities to get us in the mood. We met at Northpark Mall and saw the trains like we did last year. Weston kept saying "choo choo", it was so cute how into it he was. 
After the trains, we got some lunch and walked around the mall listening to a couple of choirs singing Christmas songs. 
In the afternoon, we did some Christmas shopping then headed up to a friends house to decorate some gingerbread men and eat dinner. These three little kiddos have been friends their entire lives and it's so fun to watch them grow up together. 
After the decorating frenzy we went to Frisco  Square to walk around and see the lights. Since it was 70 and breezy tonight it was a perfect night to be outside with the kiddos. 

It was nice to spend time together with our little family and with some really good friends. Now we just need the next little guy to join us! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one. We have a Christmas tree, a wreath on the door, pumpkins on the porch and thanksgiving in my kitchen....LOL. any day now!! Can't wait to meet the new dude! :) -Genevie