I am by no means the perfect mom, but the lyrics from Nathan's favorite song came to my mind, "lead me, guide me, walk beside me". I don't need to be the perfect mom. I'm walking right beside them figuring it out too. And the atonement of Jesus Christ can make up where I lack. I a good mom because I love Him first and my family second. The zoo doesn't hurt either
Thursday, March 3, 2016
You're a good mom
So I took the kids to the zoo the other day with PTA and some friends from church. On my way home, I thought to myself, "you're a good mom". But why? There were 5,000 other moms at the zoo today. That doesn't make me a good mom. I packed a healthy lunch and they only ate the granola bars. And the thought came again, "you're a good mom, Eli. And this thought isn't from you". And I realized it was from my Heavenly Father. I am a good mom for MY kids. I'm a good mom for taking them to the zoo. I'm a good mom for having dance parties every afternoon. I'm a good mom for worrying about them. I'm a good mom for giving them their gummy vitamins whenever I remember. I'm a good mom for praying for them. I'm a good mom for taking them to church. I'm a good mom for loving them. That's not the mom all kids need, but it's the mom my kids need. And I couldn't stop crying because my Father in Heaven took the time to tell me how and when I needed to hear it. And I know that he loves me and he loves my kids. He loves us enough to give us eachother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment